JAI AD-132GE Camera
Get a Quote for the JAI AD-132GE
Please fill out the form below to request a quote. Fields marked with * are required.
The AD-132GE provides for high dynamic range color imaging applications.
The AD-132GE utilizes JAI's 2CCD prism technology to provide 1.3 megapixel resolution. Two 1/3" color CCD sensors (ICX447AK) with sensitivity in the visible spectrum are aligned to within one-quarter pixel accuracy.
By altering the shutter/gain settings of the two CCDs and fusing the two synchronized video streams, the AD-132GE can provide more than double the dynamic range of standard CCD cameras (up to 120 dB) but in a linear fashion that avoids the noise, shutter, and compression issues found in typical CMOS-based logarithmic or LinLog™ high dynamic range cameras.
Alternatively, the timing of each CCD's readout can be offset by one-half frame and interleaved together to produce 62 fps output without the image degradation that would result from over-clocking the CCDs.
The AD-132GE is equipped with a variety of trigger modes including a special 3-shot PIV (Particle Image Velocimetry) mode (download PIV technical note for more details).
Output is via a standard GigE Vision interface, which can be used in a one-cable or two-cable configuration, depending on the mode used.
Typical HDR applications for the AD-132GE include inspection tasks where incident light or bright reflections are present, such as LED inspection, welding, and various types of lighting or glass inspections. The camera is also ideal for a wide range of automotive applications, microscopy, or high-end surveillance uses. The parameters of each CCD can be adjusted by the user to provide maximum dynamic range or maximum contrast/sensitivity within a narrower lighting range, depending on the application.
- 2-CCD high dynamic range color camera
- 2 Bayer color CCDs (1/3") mounted on an optical prism
- 1296 x 966 active pixels per channel
- Choice of built-in image fusion or SDK post processing routines to achieve nearly 120 dB dynamic range
- 31 fps operation for HDR
- Separate high-speed (62 fps) and high S/N modes also included
- GigE Vision/GenICam compliant with 8-bit, 10-bit, or 12-bit per channel output
- Programmable exposure from 11.49µs to 31.761ms in one-line increments
- Auto shutter from 1/31 to 1/366 sec
- Unique 3-shot PIV trigger mode provides 50% more vector data
- Analog video output for auto-iris lens control
- Programmable 25-in/14-out GPIO module
Download Product PDF:
#1: 1/3" Bayer color IT CCD (ICX447)
#2: 1/3" Bayer color IT CCD (ICX447)
- Pixel Clock: 51.324 MHz
- Frame rate full frame: 31 frames/sec.
- Active area: 4.86 (h) x 3.63 (v) mm
- Cell size: 3.75 (h) x 3.75 (v) um
- Active pixels: 1296 (h) x 966 (v))
- Read-out modes -
Full: 1296 (h) x 966 (v) 31.484 fps
Variable partial scan: Programmable start line: 0 to 962, Programmable height: 8 to 966 lines
- Sensitivity Visible: 0.7 Lux (max. gain, shutter off, 50% video)
- S/N ratio: >52dB (Green ch., 0 dB gain, 10-bit)
- Video output: 30/24-bits RGB or 8, 10 or 12-bit raw Bayer
- Auto-iris lens video: 0.7 Vp-p, w/o sync
- Synchronization: Int. X-tal
- Functions controlled via GigE Vision interface:Shutter, gain, black level, trigger mode, read-out mode, GPIO setup, ROI (GenICam mandatory functions)
- GigE streaming protocol: Packet size (1476 to 16020 bytes), delayed (frame) read-out, inter-packet delay
- Operating Temperature: -5°C to +45°C
- Power: 12-24V DC ± 10%. 8.0 W typical (full frame @ 12V)
- Lens mount: C-mount (Max 4.0 mm thread)
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 55(H) x 55(W) x 98.3(D) mm
- Weight: 340g