JAI GO-5101-PGE Camera
Get a Quote for the JAI GO-5101-PGE
Please fill out the form below to request a quote. Fields marked with * are required.
Launch of GO-5101-PGE – 5.1-megapixels with 2/3” format
We are pleased to announce the further expansion of our Go Series with the introduction of several new 5.1-megapixel models. This launch requires a little different explanation than our typical launch letters so we are going to start with a list of the 5 most important things you should know about these cameras.
They have a 2/3” optical format with 3.45-micron pixels
In other words, they are the perfect CMOS replacement for the BM/BB-500 models, or any competitive cameras built around the Sony ICX625 CCDs (see appendix for more details). They are targeted at customers wanting high resolution with a smaller lens format (2/3”).
They feature Sony PregiusTM imagers
Sony’s PregiusTM sensors are rapidly gaining notoriety for their low noise, low shutter leakage, and excellent image quality. Like the other PregiusTM sensors, Sony has built two different versions at this resolution: the IMX250 (in the GO-5100-PGE) costs more but has the ability to run faster and has an on-sensor multi-ROI capability. The IMX264 (in the GO-5101-PGE) has a lower speed limit and no onsensor multi-ROI capability, but carries a lower price.
At full resolution, they run the same speed over GigE Vision!!!
This is critical to understand when selling these new models. At 5-megapixels resolution, it is GigE bandwidth - not sensor speed – that is the limiting factor. Therefore the GO-5101-PGE, at approximately 20% lower price than the GO-5100-PGE, still runs at the identical 22.7 fps.
Download Product PDF:
- Go Series
- 5-megapixel 2/3” CMOS imager (global shutter)
- Up to 22.7 fps at full resolution
- 3.45 µm square pixels
- Small size (29 x 29 x 41.5 mm, excluding lens mount)
- 8/10-bit output in choice of monochrome or raw Bayer color models (12-bit output available in video process bypass mode)
- Exposure control from 14 µs to 8 seconds in 1 µs steps
- 2X binning for increased speed and sensitivity (monochrome only)
- Single and multi-ROI modes for flexible windowing and use of smaller optics
- Automatic Level Control (ALC) for dynamic lighting conditions
- Accepts power over GigE Vision interface or separate 6-pin connector
- High reliability: MTBF > 200,000 hours
- C-mount lens mount
Quick Info for the JAI GO-5101C-PGE
Quick Info for the JAI GO-5101M-PGE