JAI LQ-200CL Camera
Get a Quote for the JAI LQ-200CL
Please fill out the form below to request a quote. Fields marked with * are required.
The LQ-200CL is a prism-based 4-CCD color line scan camera providing simultaneous separate imaging of red, green, and blue, plus NIR light data.
The camera features a beam splitter prism with hard dichroic coatings incorporating four precisely pixel-to-pixel aligned CCD sensors.
R, G, B and NIR light spectrum bands are captured simultaneously in four separate channels through the same optical path. This combined RGB/NIR camera technology makes it possible to identify an even wider set of defects on inspected objects.
The incoming light is split into 4 spectral bands (RGB + NIR) with perfect pixel-to-pixel alignment. The Red, Green, Blue and Near-Infrared pixels see exactly the same point on the object at all times.
Each of the four CCD sensors provides 2048 linear pixels with a pixel size of 14 μm x 14 μm square. The camera runs at a maximum scan rate of 19048 lines per second with a 40 MHz pixel clock, delivering a high signal-to-noise ratio of 58dB.
This makes inspection systems built with JAI’s prism-based cameras faster and easier for end-users to setup, calibrate and maintain, offering precise image alignment and precise color registration.
A number of built-in pre-processing functions are available including flat-field correction, gamma/gain correction and manual/automatic white balance. With the gamma/gain correction function the user can take full advantage of the sensors’ dynamic range to optimize the image. Gamma/gain correction, flat-field correction, as well as the electronic shutter can be set individually for the red, blue, green and NIR channels.
With a special noise reduction circuit and a newly developed algorithm, the LQ-200CL makes it possible to improve the signal-to-noise ratio by up to 3 dB (depending on the situation) without losing spatial resolution.
The LQ-200CL features three shutter operating modes, including a pulse width control mode, providing users with substantial flexibility in operating the camera. The camera outputs 4 x 8 bits or 4 x 10 bits through a Camera Link interface. A binning function can combine the values of two adjacent pixels at the output stage resulting in double sensor sensitivity.
A test pattern generator is also included that can be applied as a set-up and installation aid to check the performance of the camera. This feature also provides users with help when debugging and setting up the frame grabber.
Just like JAI’s other line scan cameras, the LQ-200 undergoes extensive shock and vibration testing to maximize its ability to withstand the rigors of industrial environments. Specifications include 50G shock testing and 3G vibration testing.
A ridged housing design provides maximum surface area for heat dissipation resulting in excellent temperature management and optimal image quality.
LQ-200CL is available with M52 mount (standard) or Nikon F-mount (optional).
Line scan application examples:
- Fruit and vegetable sorting. Inspecting colors, ripeness, damages, signs for early decay and foreign objects (e.g. stones, leafs etc).
- Food inspection (e.g. frozen food, rice grains, coffee beans, peas, cereals, tea and tobacco).
- Web inspection (Wood, textile, paper, glass).
- Tiles inspection (Inspection of colors variations and imperfections in glaze).
- 2D print inspection - magazines and currency. (Currency: simultaneous inspection of color correctness, water marks and security features woven into the bank notes).
- 3D print inspection (inspection of labels on cylindrical items like cans, bottles, pens etc. or rotating objects).
- Surface inspection of flat panels/displays looking for scratches and defective screen pixels.
- PCB inspection (Inspection for imperfections in circuit layout etc.).
The advantages of JAI’s prism-block technology:
The camera’s prism-block technology enables users to avoid the complex alignment and encoding issues associated with tri-linear line scan cameras, especially those related to off-axis viewing, variations in conveyor speeds, surface undulations, or objects that roll or move as they pass through the camera’s field of view.
In other words, the LQ-200CL delivers high quality and perfectly aligned line scan images independently of the viewing angle to the inspected object, independently of variations on conveyer belt speed and independently if objects have a wavy or curved texture.
Download Product PDF:
- 4 CCD line scan camera with Camera Link output
- Dichroic RGB/NIR beam splitter prism with 4 sensors (4 channels)
- Very low-noise operation (S/N: 58 dB) providing superior image quality
- 4 sensors with 2048 pixels, 14 μm x 14 μm pixel size
- 28.67 mm effective image length
- Scan rate up to 19048 lines per second at 40 MHz pixel clock
- 4 x 8 bits or 4 x 10 bits output
- One-push automatic white balance
- Flat-field correction and color shading compensation
- Binning functions for increased sensor sensitivity
- Gamma correction using LUT table
- Set-up and installation aid with built-in test pattern generator