JAI SW-2000M-CL-80 Camera
Get a Quote for the JAI SW-2000M-CL-80
Please fill out the form below to request a quote. Fields marked with * are required.
The SW-2000M-CL-80 is a new CMOS monochrome line scan camera in JAI’s Sweep series.
Sweep SW-2000M-CL-80 is equipped with a 1 x 2048 pixels resolution sensor, that combines large high sensitivity pixels (20 µm x 20 µm) and high scan rates up to 80,000 lines/s.
Sweep SW-2000M is the only line scan camera on the market offering large 20 µm x 20 µm pixels.
With the large 20 µm x 20 µm pixels in Sweep you can...
- scan with less scene light.
- obtain faster scan rates.
- get better signal/noise ratios.
- lower the requirements for lens quality.
- minimize the physical dimension of the vision system.
Here is how...
With a 400 µm2 large photon collection area and a large quantum well capacity, this new line scan camera provides an excellent signal/noise ratio, maximizing the image quality even in line scan applications where providing enough scene light is difficult (due to the physical constraints or limitations in light budget).
The high sensitivity pixels make the Sweep SW-2000M capable of capturing an acceptable exposure at 4 times the speed of a camera with only 10-micron pixels, providing an opportunity to scale down the investment in expensive scene light solutions.
Large pixels provide further advantages by lowering the “Modulation Transfer Function (MTF)” requirements of the camera lens, which means that Sweep SW-2000M has a higher tolerance to “lens blur” and is therefore less dependent on high quality lenses (with high spatial resolution) to obtain the required image quality.
Also, a 2048-pixel camera with 20 µm pixels can be moved closer to the inspected object (keeping the same Field-of-View) than a 2048 pixel camera with only 10 µm size pixels using the same focal length lens. This means the physical dimension of the vision system can be minimized. Moving closer to the objects being scanned also means that less scene light is needed. This means that inspection systems can be designed with less advanced light thereby lowering the illumination costs.
So, with the new Sweep SW-2000-CL, you can save costs on expensive scene light as well as expensive lenses without compromising the image quality. Also Sweep´s reasonable price point further improves the competitive edge of your total vision system.
SW-2000M-CL is equipped with an Ethernet port for remote settings, firmware updates and retrieval of documents (manuals etc.) and user software from the camera. An internal web server in the camera makes embedded documents and firmware updates accessible via a standard web browser.
With the “scalable resolution” feature it is possible to choose the range of pixels to be sent out, giving extra user flexibility. The SW-2000 camera can be set as a 2048, 1024 or 512 resolution camera, or any other resolution below 2048 pixels. (NB: The line rate will remain at max 80 kHz even if the camera’s resolution is set to a lower number of pixels).
Two sensor operation modes:
SW-2000M-CL can run in two sensor modes – a higher dynamic range mode and a responsive mode. When set to the higher dynamic range mode the quantum well will be filled up with as many as 360k electrons, providing images with higher signal/noise ratios and higher dynamic range (better image contrast).
In some applications high image quality is not paramount and the need for strong light is therefore lower. However, to get brighter images with better image contrast also in low light scenes, the camera can be set to the responsive mode. In this mode, the camera is set to a smaller quantum well (60k electrons). This enables the well to fill faster under scarce lighting conditions and provides a higher response on the grey scale.
The Sweep 2000M line scan camera offers a new competitive camera component to system integrators and OEM companies developing line scan inspection systems to be used in the following areas:
- Electronics component inspection
- Wafer inspection
- Raw material inspection (e.g. wood, food, minerals etc.)
- Sports imaging (finish line)
- Print inspection
- Waste management
- Web applications (paper, plastic etc.)
Download Product PDF:
- CMOS monochrome line scan camera with 1 x 2048 pixels resolution.
- Large 20 µm x 20 µm square pixels.
- Maximum scan rate: 80,000 lines per second (80 kHz).
- Scalable resolution with ROI: Possible to use the camera with 2048 resolution and any lower resolution e.g. 1024 or 512 pixels.
- Two operation modes (Higher Dynamic Range mode and Responsive mode).
- Sensor sensitivity extends to NIR light - 1100 nm. (Not limited by the protective glass).
- DSNU correction as factory default.
- Flat field correction (FFC).
- Camera Link Interface (Base Configuration). 8/ 10/12 bits per pixel.
- Single, dual, and triple data formats.
- ROI and binning modes.
- Standard lens mount: F-mount.
- Test pattern generator for set-up and troubleshooting.