Sony FCB-EX2700 Camera
Get a Quote for the Sony FCB-EX2700
Please fill out the form below to request a quote. Fields marked with * are required.
1/4-type, 40x Super HAD CCD II SD, NTSC Sony Block Camera
Sony is proud to introduce a new family of standard definition (SD) cameras to the FCB-EX series block camera line-up.
Cameras in this new series offer excellent picture quality with a horizontal resolution of 670 TV lines, thanks to the use of Super HAD CCD II image sensors and a newly developed image processor. These cameras also incorporate high-performance optical zoom lenses (including high resolution 40x, and bright 28x and 18x lenses), allowing you to select the right camera according to your varying needs.
The new FCB-EX series block cameras uses a Progressive Scan (PS) mode to provide smooth and clear images without interlace artifact effects when viewing details in a moving image. Featuring Wide-Dynamic Range, Digital Output (ITU-R BT656), Visibility Enhancer, De-fog, StableZoom function and Auto ICR applications, the new FCB-EX block camera series s idealy suited for Security Survelience, Intelligent Traffic, and Remote Monitoring applications.
Available picture effects include Color Enhancement, E-flip, Nega Art, Black & White, and Mirror Image.
- True Progressive Scan (PS): Ideally suited for IP monitoring applications, the FCB E Version camera series newly adopts a Progressive Scan mode to provide smooth and clear images without interlace artifact effects when viewing details in a moving image (i.e., license plate of moving vehicles, a person running). All of the processing is done by the PS from the CCD read-out, signal to processing to video output.
- Digital Output (ITU-R BT656): By using the digital interface, the quality of the camera’s video resolution stays consistent. This can lead to cost savings due to the direct connection to codecs/systems without the need for any additional components.
- Temperature Readout: The value of the internal temperature of the FCB-EX Version cameras can be read out via the VISCA protocol. When checking the internal temperature of equipment (i.e., speed dome unit), it is possible to use this data to turn a fan or heater on/off inside the equipment as needed.
- Color Enhancement: Ideally suited for low vision applications, new color enhancement options can make reading text and pictures less challenging and helps relieve eyestrain. Available options include monochrome, binary, inverted and enhanced color modes.
- Image Stabilization: The image stabilization function minimizes the appearance of shaky images caused by low-frequency vibration.
- Slow AE Response: These cameras allow the user to set the auto response speed (up to two minutes) to enable the cameras to adapt to changes in lighting conditions. For example, when shooting in an underground parking lot, valuable images could otherwise be missed when car headlights cause an abrupt change in lighting conditions.
- Super HAD CCD II image sensors: The new FCB-EX series achieves excellent sensitivity at as low as 0.4 lux minimum illumination. This sensor allows high-quality images to be captured even in low light environments and furthermore delivers an improved horizontal resolution of 670 TV lines. This enables detail to be captured in scenes.
- Interlace Wide-D and Progressive Scan (PS) Wide-D Modes: Wide-D is available in both the Interlace and Progressive Scan mode. Interlace mode is ideally suited for high-contrast lighting environments and Progressive Scan mode is suited for low-contrast environments. When high shutter speed is needed for moving objects, the Interlace Wide-D feature provides outstanding picture resolution due to its 60i/50i mode. When shooting in low-contrast lighting environments, the Progressive Scan mode extends the high shutter speed so jagged edges are not visible.
- Additional White Balance (WB) Modes: In addition to the Auto White Balance mode, the new FCB-EX series cameras feature additional modes, including Indoor, Outdoor, One-push WB, ATW, Manual, Sodium Vapor Lamp.
- Visibility Enhancement: The Visibility Enhancer corrects tone curve dynamically and adaptively on a pixel-by-pixel basis while continuously enabling greater visibility in contrasting environments.
- Defog mode: When the surrounding area of the subject is foggy and low contrast, the defog mode will make the subject appear clearer.
- StableZoom Function: The StableZoom function is for performing corrections using the image stabilization function in accordance with the zoom ratio, and smoothly zooming up using a combination of the optical zoom and digital zoom. In StableZoom mode, this function starts naturally without bringing an abrupt change to the horizontal angle of view.
- Enhanced Noise Reduction: By combining 2D and 3D noise reduction, the camera offers a wide selection of noise-reduction settings, from Level 1 to Level 5, to allow you to choose the ideal level for different shooting conditions.
- Signal Systems: NTSC
- Image Sensor: 1/4-type Super HAD CCD II
- Lens: 40x
- Minimum Illumination: 0.6 lx (F1.6, 50%)
- Digital Zoom: 12x (480x with optical zoom)
- Mass: 265 g (9.3 oz)
- Dimensions: 50.0 x 60.0 x 90.9 mm (2 x 2 3/8 x 3 5/8 inches)
Quick Info for the Sony FCB-EX2700
|Resolutions:||Under 1 MP|
|Signal System:||NTSC / Color|
Quick Info for the Sony FCB-EX2700P
|Resolutions:||Under 1 MP|
|Signal System:||PAL / Color|