Newsight Imaging NSI3100 Sensor
Get a Quote for the Newsight Imaging NSI3100 Sensor
Please fill out the form below to request a quote. Fields marked with * are required.
NewSight Imaging carries the NSI3100 – CMOS Image Sensor Chip
The NSI3100 imager is designed for Machine Vision applications such as robotics lidar, barcode readers, industry 4.0 and automotive. It is composed of 8 rows of 2048 pixels each, of which 4 rows are of 4µm x 8µm pixels and 4 rows are of 4µm x 4µm pixels. Binning the large pixels provide Ultra-high sensitivity while using the small pixels provide a fine signal with effective resolution of 8192 pixels with low power dissipation and compact size.
The NSI3100 supports programmable high frame rate speeds; Automatic exposure control to avoid saturation from close objects and enhance sensitivity to distant objects; Automatic peak detection for Triangulation and per-frame configuration to allow on-the-fly reactions to events.
The sensor is manufactured in CMOS technology, with extremely high sensitivity pixels. The high sensitivity allows the sensor to replace more expensive CCD sensors in many applications.
- Eight Rows: 4 rows of tall pixels (4×8 micron) and 4 rows of square pixels (4×4 micron)
- Virtual 1×8192 resolution, high sensitivity (effective 8×16 size pixels by analog binning)
- Integrated configurable 8-12 bit direct A/D with parallel 10-12 bit digital output
- Per-frame configuration support and scenario scheduler
- Optional automatic exposure control
- Optional automatic Triangulation peak detection
- eTOF support (Enhanced Indirect Time of Flight), high dynamic range, up to 15 bits accuracy
- Integrated Bandgap reference
- Output speeds up to 80 MHz
- Integrated CDS for fixed pattern noise reduction
- Ambient light subtraction mode
- Multiple readout modes
- Direct pixel control by programming
- Binning of different rows
- Double buffer mode for high frame rate
- Programmable frame rate up to 40,000 fps
- On-chip test mode capabilities, including external input to A/D
- Tristate on data out pins for multiple sensor connections
- Single Power Supply 3.3 Volts
- Sensitivity: 100V/lux-sec
- Power consumption – 0.072W (at conditions: 7.5MHz, 3.3V ,23°C.)
- Package: 40pin LCC